Christmas calls for so many cosy get-togethers with friends and family and Christmas trivia is the perfect game to get everyone involved. Gather around the fireplace, sip on some hot cocoa, and compete to find out who knows the most about Christmas.
01. What did Pierce Egan add to the basic eggnog recipe when he created a variation of eggnog called "Tom and Jerry."
a. 2 tablespoons of vanilla ice cream
b. 1/2 oz of brandy
c. 1/2 oz of whiskey
d. 3 tablespoons of cream
02. In what year did the US postal System issue its first Christmas stamp?
03. How many times is the name Santa Clause used in "the Night Before Christmas"?
04. What two reindeers are mentioned in the song "Here Comes Santa Claus"?
a. Dancer and Prancer
b. Donder and Blixen
c. Vixen and Blixen
d. Comet and Cupid
05. What country started the gift exchange tradition?
b. The Netherlands
06. In "Gift of the Magi", how much did Della get for her hair?
07. Who wrote "The Night Before Christmas"?
a. Peter Collington
b. Clement Moore
c. Chris Van Allsburg
d. Raymond Briggs
08. What was the first artificial tree made of?
09. What musical instrument was "Silent Night" first played on?
10. Which of the following names was not considered for Tiny Tim's character in "A Christmas Carol"?
a. Little Larry
b. Puny Pete
c. Small Sam
d. Wee Willie
11. What is Santa's name in Holland?
a. Father Christmas
b. Grandfather Frost
c. St. Nicholas
12. In what country was the first Christmas card created?
13. In what country was the poinsettia first grown and known as "Flower of the Holy Night"?
14. In what country did the real St. Nicholas live?
b. The Netherlands
15. In what ocean can you find Christmas Island?
a. Indian Ocean
b. Arctic Ocean
c. Atlantic Ocean
d. Pacific Ocean
16. Which US state was the first to recognize Christmas as an offical holiday?
a. New York
17. In "It's a Wonderful Life," what is the angel's first name?
18. What are hot cockles?
a. A Christmas beverage
b. A Christmas pastry
c. A christmas game
d. A Christmas decoration
19. If you were to receive all of the gifts in the song "The 12 Days of Christmas," how many gifts would you receive?
20. In what European country is "The Nutcracker" set?
01. b. 1/2 oz of brandy / 02. c. 1962 / 03. a. 0 / 04. c. Vixen and Blixen / 05. a. Italy / 06. c. $20 / 07. b. Clement Moore / 08. c. Feathers / 09. a. Guitar / 10. d. Wee Willie / 11. c. St. Nicholas / 12. d. England / 13. b. Mexico / 14. d. Turkey / 15. a. Indian Ocean / 16. b. Alabama / 17. a. Clarence / 18. c. A christmas game / 19. c. 364 / 20. a. Germany
More Christmas Party Games
From Christmas Trivia to More Trivia