A spa trivia is a great ice breaker, conversation starter to add to a home spa party or day spa outing with friends.
How familiar are you and your friends with spa terminology, history, and more? Have fun finding out who is the real spa diva among you.
Purchase Secrets of the Spas: Pamper and Vitalize Yourself at Home (Life's Little Luxuries) to give to the winner. It's packed full of terrific spa information and spa recipes you can make at home.
01. Some believe the term spa was derived from the name of a town in what country?
02. What is a hammam?
a. An Israeli spa retreat
b. A Greek body wrap
c. A Turkish bath
d. An Egytian mud mask
03. The largest hot springs in Canada are located in what province?
d. British Columbia
04. What is the temperature of an average mud bath?
a. 80-83 degrees fahrenheit
b. 90-93 degrees fahrenheitm
c. 100-103 degrees fahrenheit
d. 110-113 degrees fahrenheit
05. What is algotherapy?
a. A seaweed bath
b. Healing through water
c. A wine bath
d. Healing through massage
06. What type of French massage is thought to reduce the appearance of cellulite?
d. Polarity massage
07. In what country was the shiatsu massage technique developed?
b. Hong Kong
08. Where is a watsu healing massage treatment performed?
a. In a steam room
b. On a massage table
c. On a heated aromatherapy mat
d. In a warm pool
09. What is fango?
a. A rich exfoliating cream
b. A warm mineral-rich mud
c. An aromatic oil
d. An herbal-soaked strip of cloth
10. How much of the body's blood do the muscles receive during a massage?
01. b. Belgium / 02. c. A Turkish bath / 03. d. British Columbia / 04. c. 100-103 degrees fahrenheit / 05. a. A seaweed bath / 06. a. Endermologie / 07. c. Japan / 08. d. In a warm pool / 09. b. A warm mineral-rich mud / 10. a. 1/2