Prove that girls know just as much about football as guys by challenging them to a Super Bowl trivia competition. The losers have to serve the winners for the entire game.
Either conduct this trivia challenge as guests arrive at your Super Bowl Party , or plan to compete a week before the event so the guys will have plenty of time to prepare to serve you girls... lol! May the best (wo)man WIN!
A free printable version with answers is available below.
IMPORTANT: Due to unforeseen circumstances, we did not get the update to this game posted this year as we had planned. Please be aware that after last year's Super Bowl (49), 4 questions require updating. That said, because the trivia is multiple choice, there is still only one right answer for each question anyway except for #10. With the Patriots appearing in Super Bowl 49, both A and B are now correct answers for #10. We will be updating this trivia for the 2017 Super Bowl in the next couple of weeks. Our apologies for any debates that may arise at your party, over this, though lively conversation can be fun. If all else fails, evoke the Seinfeld Trivial Pursuit moops rule.... "the card is always right."
01. What was the first wildcard team to win a Super Bowl?
A. Denver Broncos
B. Baltimore Ravens
C. Oakland Raiders
D. Pittsburgh Steelers
02. Who was the first left-handed quarterback to win a Super Bowl?
A. Steve Young (49ers)
B. Ken Stabler (Raiders)
C. Boomer Esaison (Bengals)
D. Frankie Albert (49ers)
03. Who are the two quarterbacks tied for the most Super Bowl wins?
A. Troy Aikman, John Elway
B. Tom Brady, Bart Starr
C. Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana
D. Tom Brady, Troy Aikman
04. Which two quarterbacks are tied for the most Super Bowl starts?
A. John Elway/Tom Brady
B. Terry Bradshaw/John Elway
C. Joe Montana/Troy Aikman
D. Roger Staubach/Jim Kelly
05. Which team won the first ever Super Bowl?
A. Kansas City Chiefs
B. Oakland Raider
C. Green Bay Packers
D. New York Jets
06. What two networks broadcasted Super Bowl I?
A. CTV and ABC
B. CBS and NBC
C. CTV and NBC
D. CTV and CBS
07. Who performed at the 2002 halftime show?
A. The Rolling Stones
08. Which team lost the first ever Super Bowl?
A. Kansas City Chiefs
B. Oakland Raiders
C. New York Jets
D. Baltimore Colts
09. Who holds the record for most receiving yards in a single Super Bowl game?
A. Dan Ross
B. Deion Branch
C. Ricky Sanders
D. Jerry Rice
10. Which two teams are tied for the most Super Bowl appearances?
A. Pittsburgh Steelers/Dallas Cowboys
B. Dallas Cowboys/New England Patriots
C. Denver Broncos/Washington Redskins
D. New England Patriots/San Francisco 49ers
11. Which team has scored the most points in a Super Bowl?
A. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
B. Dallas Cowboys C. San Francisco 49ers
D. Chicago Bears
12. Which head coach has appeared in the most Super Bowls?
A. Bill Parcells
B. Don Shula
C. Mike Holmgren
D. Dan Reeves
13. Who holds the record for the longest interception return in a Super Bowl?
A. Kelly Herndon (Seahawks)
B. James Harrison (Steelers)
C. Kelvin Hayden (Colts)
D. Herb Adderly (Packers)
14. Which quarterback holds the record for the most passing yards in a Super Bowl game?
A. Kurt Warner
B. Joe Montana
C. Terry Bradshaw
D. Tom Brady
15. Which team scored the fewest points in a Super Bowl game?
A. New York Giants
B. Minnesota Vikings
C. Miami Dolphins
D. Baltimore Colts
16. In what stadium was the first Super Bowl played?
A. Orange Bowl
B. Tulane Stadium
C. Rose Bowl
D. Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
17. Who holds the record for most career rushing yards in Super Bowl games?
A. Timmy Smith
B. Terrell Davis
C. Franco Harris
D. Thurman Thomas
18. Who was the losing coach in the first ever Super Bowl?
A. Hank Stram
B. John Rauch
C. Don Shula
D. Tom Landry
19. Which two cities have hosted the most Super Bowls?
A. Miami and Dallas
B. Los Angeles and Atlanta
C. New Orleans and Miami
D. San Francisco and New Orleans
20. Which player has appeared in the most Super Bowls?
A. Charles Haley
B. Mike Lodish
C. Cliff Harris
D. Adam Vinatieri
01. C. Oakland Raiders (The Oakland Raiders defeated the Philadelphia Eagles in Super Bowl XV, becoming the first wild card team to win the championship.) / 02. B. Ken Stabler (Stabler became the first left-handed QB to win a Super Bowl title when his Oakland Raiders defeated the Minnesota Vikings in 1977.) / 03. C. Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana (Terry Bradshaw [Steelers] and Joe Montana [49ers] are tied with 4 Super Bowl wins each. Tom Brady and Troy Aikman each have 3 wins.) / 04. A. John Elway & Tom Brady (John Elway & Tom Brady lead all quarterbacks with 5 Super Bowl starts each.) / 05. C. The Green Bay Packers (The Green Bay Packers won both Super Bowl I and II.) / 06. B. CBS and NBC(Super Bowl I was the only game to be broadcast simultaneously until 2007.) / 07. C. U2 / 08. A. Kansas City Chiefs (The Green Bay Packers defeated the Chiefs by a score of 35-10.) / 09. D. Jerry Rice (Jerry Rice holds the record for most yards receiving with 215 yards in Super Bowl XXIII. He also holds the record for most career receiving yards in Super Bowl appearances with 589 yards.) / 10. A. Pittsburg Steelers and Dallas Cowboys (Both have appeared in 8 Super Bowl games. The Cowboys have been victorious in 5 and the Steelers have won 6.) / 11. C. San Francisco 49ers (The 49ers scored 55 points against the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XXIV.) / 12. B. Don Shula (Shula has appeared in 6 Super Bowls, one with Baltimore  and 5 with Miami [1971, 1972, 1973, 1982, 1984].) / 13. B. James Harrison (Harrison returned an intercepted pass for 100 yards against the Cardinals in the 2009 Super Bowl, breaking Kelly Herndon's previously held record of 76 yards..) / 14. A. Kurt Warner(Warner holds the record for the most passing yards in a single Super Bowl game, throwing for 414 yards against the Titans in Super Bowl XXXIV.) / 15. C. Miami Dolphins (The Dolphins scored only 3 points in their Super Bowl VI loss to Dallas.) / 16. D. Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum / 17. C. Franco Harris (Harris rushed for a total of 354 yards in 4 Super Bowl games.) / 18. A. Hank Stram (Stram earned the loss when his Kansas City Chiefs were defeated by the Green Bay Packers in Super Bowl I.) / 19. C. New Orleans and Miami (These cities have each hosted 10 Super Bowl games.) / 20. B. Mike Lodish (Lodish has played in 6 Super Bowl games, while Haley, Harris, and Vinatieri have all made 5 Super Bowl appearances.)
For even more fun and challenge try a Super Bowl Match-Up Game! Match the Super Bowl team or player with the applicable Super Bowl fact. A challenge to predict the outcome of the game is also a great interactive crowd-pleaser.
Let us know who WON your Super Bowl Trivia Challenge!
If you would like a printable version of our multiple choice
Super Bowl trivia, please fill in the form below.
To view this printable Super Bowl trivia, you will need Adobe Reader installed on your computer (the latest version is recommended). You can get your free Adobe Reader here (a new window will open so you can download without leaving this page).