A crazy Christmas scavenger hunt is perfect for an office party or a family Christmas party.
It involves setting up unusual Christmas items in the hunt area prior to the party. Guests must then walk about and try to determine what Christmas items seem odd or out of place.
Give each guest a numbered sheet of paper and a pencil. Let them know how many crazy Christmas items they are looking for. When a guest thinks they have located every item have them bring their list to you for verification. The first person to find all of the items is the winner.
You may also choose to set a time limit. In that case, the person with the most items at the end of the allotted time is declared the winner.
Note: Crazy Christmas scavenger hunt items must be noticeably odd, yet fit in well enough that they don't stand out immediately. They must be left sitting or hanging around the room as if they were meant to be there. Using colors that blend in with your Christmas decor, when making changes to the items, will cause them to be harder to spot. Below is a list of examples for you to use.
01. Santa in a outfit other than his traditional one (eg. a dress, an elf suit).
02. A pair of Christmas panties hanging in the tree as if they were an ornament.
03. A candle placed upside down in a candle holder.
04. An angel with a square halo. Note: A square halo can be made from wire or pipe cleaners.
05. Rudolph with a green nose. (Paint over his nose with water based paint so that you can wipe it off later).
06. A gift or closed box with wrapping paper and tape place on top and a note saying, "Wrap it yourself."
07. A partially eaten candy cane hanging in the tree.
08. A snowman wearing a cowboy hat.
09. A star with no points. Square off the points by cutting the tips off. Cut enough off so that the star doesn't look pointed, but not so much that it no longer looks like a star.
10. A nativity scene made up of barbie dolls.
11. Put out a plate of cookies and a glass of pop (or any other beverage than milk) with a note to Santa beside it.
A fourth wise man in the nativity creche or an animal that doesn't belong like an stork or elephant.
A Happy Easter card among the Christmas cards.
Yellowish snow in a Christmas scene.
Make a sleigh decoration with any animal but deer (ie. bats, lions, hippo).
A lump of coal.
Wrap a gift with the wrapping paper facing the wrong way out.
Add a gift tag to a gift that says "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL EASTER."
Red ribbon around a walking cane.
A three-legged reindeer.
Post a sign that reads: "Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain!"
Hang a wreath with a pink ribbon or other Easter-looking decorations.
A "melted" Frosty the Snowman! (leftover hat, scarf, etc. and a puddle of water)
A skinny Santa Clause.
Hang ivy or some other greenery instead of mistletoe.
A pair of pantyhose instead of a traditional stocking.
An ornament on the christmas tree that says 'Happy Halloween'!
Dress a Halloween witch up as one of Santa's elves!
Hide an old German pickle in your tree, (you can get them for about 3 dollars at any Christmas store) and the first guest to find it gets a special gift!!!!!
Put a witch hat on top of the tree instead of a star or an angel.
Use spider webs (Halloween decoration) instead of snow.
A sign that reads... "Old Saint Nicole".
May 25, 21 12:03 PM
Over 100 free scavenger hunts, printable invitations, and fun treasure hunt lists and ideas for every event and occasion. Happy Hunting!
Feb 05, 21 02:31 PM
Host a Super Bowl party with great food, games and friends. Add our Super Bowl trivia questions and icebreakers, and get everyone's game predictions pre-party.
Feb 24, 20 03:36 PM
This Tale of Peter Rabbit right left game is fun gift or prize giving. Read the story. Pass the prizes left or right. Great for school, parties, or Easter.