This exercise trivia will inspire you with ideas and information, whether you're an exercise aficionado or just dreaming of motivating yourself toward your goal weight.
Perfect as an icebreaker for a fitness or healthy lifestyle group gathering, this exercise trivia is also fun for testing your own general knowledge of exercise.
01. When we normally speak of the "abs", which muscle are we referring to?
a. Rectus Abdominus
b. Latissimus Dorsi
c. Pectoralis Major
02. What are the most important factors contributing to reaching your goal of having a perfect "6-pack"?
a. Nutrition (proper diet)
c. Abs-specific exercise and cardio-vascular exercise
d. All of the above
03. When it comes to abs, what exercise is most thought of and recommended to strengthen them by personal trainers?
d. hanging leg raises
04. Your abs should be trained 2-3 times a week, like any other muscle group.
05. Let's say you are 75 lbs. overweight and you want to lose it. About how much time should you allow to remove this weight safely and hopefully keep it
a. 24 months
b. 3 months
c. 1 year
d. 6 months
06. Let's go on a diet! What is the best way to lose weight effectively?
a. Cut out in-between meal snacks
b. Eat 3 square meals a day.
c. Eat frequent small meals every 3 hours or so.
d. Skip breakfast
07. When you join the gym, you hire a personal trainer. One of the first things your trainer should do is get an estimate of your body fat percent. You are a
middle-aged woman and your trainer just told you that your body fat is 25%, meaning that you are carrying around 30 lbs. of fat on your 120 lb. body.
Should you be alarmed?
a. Yes, you should reduce that percentage to 15% or lower.
b. Yes, you should reduce that percentage to 10% or lower.
c. Yes, you should reduce that percentage to 5% or lower.
d. No, that is on the lower recommended range for a 40 year old woman.
08. On your first day at the gym you are all ready for your trainer to show you all those free weights to get that 'toned' body you’ve been dreaming of.
Instead, you walk by the muscle guys with the barbells and find yourself pointed to a treadmill to start with. Why?
a. You need about a 5 minute cardio warm-up before exercising.
b. It gives the trainer a few minutes to chat with her buddies.
c. The trainer wants to demonstrate a cardio exercise you will do later.
d. You should get 30 minutes of cardio in and the best time is the beginning of the workout.
09. Now that we are talking about cardio, how much should you do? That depends on you and your situation. If you are pretty lean, 20 minutes 3 times a week
will give your heart a proper workout. If you have some fat to burn, go up to 45 minutes 4 times a week. Excessive cardiovascular exercise can burn muscle
mass, which is not normally the desired effect. When is the BEST time to do your cardio - especially if you are looking to lose fat?
a. After work
b. Just after your morning workout
c. When you wake up, before breakfast
d. During your lunch hour
10. Now you are ready to hit the weight room! How long should your ideal weight-training session last?
a. A minimum of 2 hours
b. 30 minutes maximum
c. 45 minutes to an hour
d. 1 1/2 to 2 hours
11. One common problem for beginners is "overtraining", or adopting a "more is better" philosophy, thinking that you get faster results by working out more
than recommended. Which of these is not normally a result of overtraining?
a. Loss of muscle mass
b. Loss of motivation
d. Bigger muscles and faster fat loss.
12. Which of these weight training programs is DEFINITELY not recommended for optimal results?
a. Lift weight 7 days a week - don't let your results backslide.
b. Lift 2 days, rest 1, lift 2 days, rest 2. Split routine
c. Lift 5 times a week, one muscle group per day
d. Lift 3 time a week (alternating rest days, e.g., M-W-F)
13. About how much of the body is made up of muscle mass on average?
14. ATP, the energy producing molecule in tissue, stands for Adenosine....
a. Adenosine Triphosphate
c. Transmission Phosphate
15. Which muscle fibres are used mostly with aerobic exercise (the utilization of oxygen during exercise)?
a. Slow Oxidative Glycolytic
b. Fast Glycolytic
c. Slow Oxidative
d. Fast Oxidative Glycolytic
16. What is Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation?
a. A body building routine
b. Measuring muscle mass
c. A type of stretching
d. Measuring reflexes
17. The knee extension exercise works which muscle group primarily?
b. Gluteus Maximus
c. Tibialis Anterior
18. The muscle Pectoralis Major would benefit from which of the following exercises?
a. Leg Press
b. Bench Press
19. Which carbohydrate is found mainly in fruits and honey?
20. Your personal trainer tells you that you should try to build muscle to increase your 'metabolism'. Why is that important?
a. So that you will be stronger
b. It allows your body to burn more calories throughout the day
c. To get toned
d. So you can impress your friends
EXERCISE TRIVIA BONUS QUESTIONS:
1. What are the two best abs exercises according to a recent research study? Answer
2. Which abdominal muscles help flatten your stomach, shrinking your waistline and your love handles? Answer
3. If you've been diagnosed with osteoporosis, should you do standard abdominal crunches as part of your workout? Answer
01. a. Rectus Abdominus / 02. d. All of the above / 03. c. crunches / 04. a. True / 05. c. 1 year / 06. c. Eat frequent small meals every 3 hours or so. / 07. d. No, that is on the lower recommended range for a 40 year old woman. / 08. a. You need about a 5 minute cardio warm-up before exercising. / 09. c. When you wake up, before breakfast / 10. c. 45 minutes to an hour / 11. d. Bigger muscles and faster fat loss / 12. a. Lift weight 7 days a week - don't let your results backslide. / 13. d. 40% / 14. a. Adenosine Triphosphate / 15. c. Slow Oxidative / 16. c. A type of stretching / 17. d. Quadriceps / 18. b. Bench Press / 19. c. Fructose / 20. b. It allows your body to burn more calories throughout the day
Feb 24, 20 03:36 PM
This Tale of Peter Rabbit right left game is fun gift or prize giving. Read the story. Pass the prizes left or right. Great for school, parties, or Easter.
Feb 24, 20 02:07 PM
Use this Right Left Easter Game as a alternative way to exchange Easter treats and share the Bible Easter story. It's a great icebreaker for church parties and family Easter celebrations.
Feb 10, 20 05:20 PM
Fill in the blanks for this love letter mad lib and enjoy reading it back at your next valentine party, bridal shower, all girl get-together or birthday party.