Who doesn't know something about food? Find out with this multiple choice food trivia quiz. Mom may disagree, but playing with your food can be a lot of fun.
01. Which cheese went into space with Italian astronauts on February 22, 1996, when they took it aboard the Columbia Space Shuttle on a NASA space mission?
02. Which fruit did the Ancient Greeks hold to be sacred to Aphrodite, the goddess of love?
03. How many sets of disposable wooden chopsticks does the average Japanese person use in a year?
04. Borscht is an East European soup. What is it made from?
05. What is the European equivalent of one cup of flour?
a. 140 grams
b. 75 grams
c. 200 grams
06. Where do lamingtons (little cakes) originate from?
07. Traditional Italian pesto is made from basil, olive oil and which nut?
b. pine nut
08. What is the English dish, toad in the hole?
a. frogs legs wrapped in ham
b. sausages in batter pudding
c. stuffed mushrooms
09. What kind of smoked fish is a kipper?
a. chocolate chip cookies
b. spice cookies
c. peanut butter cookies
11. What is the resulting flavour when chocolate is added to coffee?
12. Which fish is known as the king of fish?
c. Dover sole
13. What are kelp and dulse varieties of?
14. What is the major vitamin found in brown rice?
a. vitamin C
b. vitamin D
c. vitamin B
15. What is quinoa?
a. a rice
b. a grain
c. a vegetable
16. Mangetout is a variety of which vegetable?
17. What percentage cocoa solids must chocolate contain to be legally called chocolate?
18. Which is the only food which melts at body temperature?
19. What is a falafel?
a. potato pancake
b. chickpea fritter
c. Middle-eastern vegetable
20. What herb goes best with lamb?
01. b. Parmesan / 02. c. quince / 03. a. 200 / 04. b. beetroot / 05. a. 140 grams / 06. b. Australia / 07. b. pine nut / 08. b. sausages in batter pudding / 09. c. herring / 10. a. chocolate chip cookies / 11. b. mocha / 12. a. salmon / 13. b. seaweed / 14. c. vitamin B / 15. b. a grain / 16. a. pea / 17. c. 35 / 18. a. chocolate / 19. b. chickpea fritter / 20. b. rosemary
Questions and Answers for this Food Trivia
provided by Emily from The Picnic Site
Mar 06, 19 02:06 PM
Host your best St Patricks Day party ever with these cool party games and activities.Challenge friends to a round of green trivia, write funny limericks, or play a right left leprechaun game.
Feb 14, 19 01:44 PM
Match the fun fact to the candy in this Valentine fun candy trivia. How did 3 Musketeers get their name? What candy bar really satisfies? Answer key included.
Feb 14, 19 01:43 PM
Add this presidential trivia to an inauguration party, 4th of July event, trivia party, or pub night. The multiple choice questions also make for a fun quiz for teachers to use in the classroom.