Challenge your party guests to a Who's Who JLo vs Shakira trivia game. As much as these two highly successful divas have in common, they do have some subtle and not so subtle differences.
For each fun fact below, can you determine which lady the statement is true for?
01. She had a #1 film and a #1 album in the US at the same time.
02. She has 2 siblings.
03. She won a Grammy in 2001.
04. Her birthday is in February.
05. She did the voice of Shira in Ice Age: Continental Drift.
06. She has an IQ of 140.
07. She speaks 4 languages fluently.
08. She has two sons.
09. She has been divorced 3 times.
10. She was #10 on Forbes' 2019 top 10 highest paid women in music list.
11. She was on the first cover of Latina Magazine.
12. She recorded her first album when she was 13.
13. She attended UCLA for one summer course.
14. She was paid 1 million dollars to perform at a Ukranian wedding in 2011.
15. She has been on the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine 3 times.
16. Her grandmother taught her how to belly dance.
17. She received the 2,500th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
18. She was a star athlete in high school.
19. Her father is a computer specialist.
20. She was the first person in the world to get 100 million likes on Facebook.
In 2001, Jennifer Lopez made history by becoming the first artist to have an album (J.Lo) and a feature film (The Wedding Planner) hit #1 in the same week.
Jennifer Lopez has 2 sisters. An older sister, Leslie, and a younger sister, Lynda. Shakira has 8 half-siblings (5 brothers and 3 sisters), Tonino, Alberto, Edward, Antonio, Moises, Patricia, Ana, and Lucy Mebarak.
Shakira won a Grammy for Best Latin Pop Album in 2001 for her first live album, "MTV Unplugged". She also won Grammys in 2006 and 2018. As of January 2020, JLo has been nominated twice, but never won a Grammy.
Shakira was born February 2, 1977. Lopez was born July 24, 1969.
Jennifer Lopez did the voice of the grey saber-toothed tiger, Shira, in the 2012 animated film, Ice Age: Continental Drift. Shakira was the voice of curvy Gazelle in the 2016 animated film, Zootopia.
It has been widely reported that Shakira has an IQ of 140. Her dream career was to be a psychologist and if her singing had not been successful, she would have pursued psychology or astronomy.
There are varying opinions on how many languages Shakira speaks fluently, but the popular consensus is 4. She speaks Spanish (her native language), as well as Portuguese (learned while touring Brazil in her teens), English (with the help of a former American boyfriend), and Italian. There are videos of her speaking French, Catalan, and Arabic, but it is unclear if she speaks those languages fluently. A few years ago Shakira reported on Twitter that she and her boyfriend regularly speak at least 7 languages around their son (Spanish, Catalan, English, French, German, Russian and Chinese) in hopes that he will become multi-lingual too.
As of January 2020 both ladies have two children, but it is Shakira who has 2 sons, Milan and Sasha. Jennifer Lopez has twins, a girl named Emme and a boy named Max. When JLo ties the knot with A-Rod, she will also become stepmom to his two daughters, Natasha and Ella.
As of January 2020, JLo has been divorced 3 times. Marriages to Marc Anthony (2004–2014), Cris Judd (2001–2003), Ojani Noa (1997–1998) ended. Here's wishing her a lifetime of happiness with A-Rod. Shakira has never been married and has noted publicly that she has no plans to do so. She is content with the partnership and two children she shares with Spanish football player, Gerard Piqué, as is.
Shakira was #10 on the Forbes' 2019 top 10 highest paid women in music list with earnings of $35 million. Jennifer Lopez beat her by taking the #7 spot with $43 million in earnings.
Jennifer Lopez appeared on the premiere issue of Latina Magazine in Summer 1996. Both Shakira and JLo have appeared on multiple covers of the magazine since then.
Shakira was only 13 years old when she recorded her first album, "Magia", which was released in 1991 and featured songs she had written since age 8. JLo was 29 years old when she released her first studio album, "On the 6". Previously she had devoted most of her time to her acting career.
In 2007 Shakira took a short break from singing and attended UCLA for one summer course, called "Introduction to Western Civilization: Ancient Civilizations from Prehistory to Circa A.D. 843." By dressing in boyish attire and keeping low key, she managed to keep her stardom pretty well hidden and blended right in with the other students. Lopez attended Baruch College for one semester, but soon abandoned higher education to pursue her dreams of performing on stage and screen.
Yep! If you have a million or more to spare you can invite JLo to sing at your special occasion. Lopez was reportedly paid $1 million to sing at the wedding of the son of Uzbek oil tycoon, Azam Aslamov, in the Republic of Crimea in 2011, but she has also performed for other birthdays and weddings for prices ranging from $1-5 million.
Shakira has appeared on the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine 3 times (as of January 2020). You'll find her on the April 2002, October 2002, and November 2009 covers. JLo has appeared only once so far, on the February 2001 cover.
If you've seen Shakira perform, you know that girl can really shake her belly and she has her grandmother to thank for teaching her how. Shakira's famous belly dance moves were inspired by the Arab culture that was passed down from her father's side.
Jennifer Lopez was honored with the 2500th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on June 20, 2013. 19 months prior to that, Shakira received the 2,454th star on November 8, 2011 and became the first Colombian artist to receive such a star.
JLo was on the track team in high school and competed on a national level. To this day, those who know her comment on what an incredible athlete she is. She even completed the Nautica Malibu Triathlon in two hours, 23 minutes, and 28 seconds in 2008 when she was almost 40 years old.
JLo's father, David López, is a computer specialist (technician) at Guardian Insurance in New York City. Shakira's father, William Mebarak, is a journalist with an entrepreneurial spirit who has previously worked as a health visitor, insurance agent, teacher of literature, and jewelry store owner.
In July 2014, Guinness World Records recorded Shakira as the first person EVER to reach 100 million likes on Facebook. Wow!
Jenny from the block has less than half that number, but the figures are reversed on Instagram where Lopez has almost double the followers (109 million) of Sharika (60 million).
Want a printable copy of this game? Simply fill out the form below.
1. Both have a Barbie created in their likeness.
2. Both have been nominated for a Golden Globe Award, but neither has won one.
3. Both abstain from drinking and smoking.
4. Neither drinks coffee.
5. Neither has a permanent tattoo. Though you may have spotted them sporting tattoos in the past, that body art was temporary only.
6. Both were raised Catholic and attended Catholic schools.
7. Both were invited to the White House by President Obama. Shakira was invited in 2010 to discuss early childhood development. Jennifer and her then husband, Mark Anthony, were invited in 2011 to watch the Super Bowl with the Obamas.
8. Both are in relationships with professional sports figures who are younger then them. Alex Rodriguez (A-Rod) is 6 years younger than Jennifer. Gerard Piqué is 10 years younger than Shakira.
Feb 24, 20 03:36 PM
This Tale of Peter Rabbit right left game is fun gift or prize giving. Read the story. Pass the prizes left or right. Great for school, parties, or Easter.
Feb 24, 20 02:07 PM
Use this Right Left Easter Game as a alternative way to exchange Easter treats and share the Bible Easter story. It's a great icebreaker for church parties and family Easter celebrations.
Feb 10, 20 05:20 PM
Fill in the blanks for this love letter mad lib and enjoy reading it back at your next valentine party, bridal shower, all girl get-together or birthday party.