Don't you just love snow? I sure do. I can't wait to welcome the first dusting of that cool fluffy stuff every winter. It creates the prettiest landscapes and it's oh so fun to play in whether you're a winter sports enthusiast or you simply enjoy sledding, snowball fights and building snowmen.
So, how much do you know about snow? Take this quiz and find out. Or plan a snow party and use this trivia as an icebreaker over a warm cup of hot cocoa.
01. What sets up the possibility of an avalanche?
02. What sort of snow turns into a glacier?
03. When does snow make a noise?
04. On which other planet in the Solar System have scientists observed snow falling?
05. What size was the world's largest recorded snowflake?
06. What shape are snowflakes?
07. How much snow is equivalent to an inch of rainfall?
08. Which of the following would help you to determine how deep the snow is?
09. What does a snow groomer do?
10. Where would you find the snow belt?
11. In 1999, which mountain took the record for the most snowfall ever measured in the United States in a single season?
12. In what year were the first patents registered in the US for snow plows?
13. How tall was the world's largest snowman?
14. How long did it take for the second largest snowman in the world, Angus, to melt?
15. What color is a snow flower?
16. In the animated film of Raymond Briggs' book the Snowman, who sang "Walking in the Air"?
17. In 1976/77 which American city had the all-time high for snowfall in a single season?
18. In "Let It Snow" the 1945 song by Sammy Cahn and Jule Styne what were the singers eating?
19. In which year was the Walt Disney film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs released?
20. In the 2002 movie Ice Age, John Leguizamo was the voice of Sid. What kind of animal is Sid?
Snow Trivia created by Lesley from East Devon Guide
Nov 20, 17 01:06 PM
Let it snow on your party with some snow trivia based on fun facts about the white fluffy stuff.
Nov 18, 17 06:54 PM
Free printable nativity right left Christmas game. A fun and meaningful Christmas party icebreaker for a gift exchange or to choose a party prize winner.
Nov 15, 17 02:30 PM
You'll need a thesaurus of word knowledge to win this Christmas carol game. Popular Christmas carol titles have been altered. Decipher & guess the original Christmas songs from their fun new titles.