Snow Trivia Quiz
Fun Facts About That Cool Winter Fluffy Stuff
Don't you just love snow? I sure do. I can't wait to welcome the first dusting of that cool fluffy stuff every winter. It creates the prettiest landscapes and it's oh so fun to play in whether you're a winter sports enthusiast or you simply enjoy sledding, snowball fights and building snowmen.
So, how much do you know about snow? Take this quiz and find out. Or plan a snow party and use this trivia as an icebreaker over a warm cup of hot cocoa.
SNOW TRIVIA QUESTIONS
01. What sets up the possibility of an avalanche?
A. A snow drift
B. A snow pack
C. A snow slab
02. What sort of snow turns into a glacier?
A. Partially melted snow from a snow pack
B. Snow that has not melted for a number of years
C. Fresh snow falling on mountain tops
03. When does snow make a noise?
A. When it is freshly fallen
B. When the air temperature is very low
C. When it is about to melt
04. On which other planet in the Solar System have scientists observed snow falling?
05. What size was the world's largest recorded snowflake?
A. 38 cm
B. 38 inches
C. 38 mm
06. What shape are snowflakes?
07. How much snow is equivalent to an inch of rainfall?
A. 6 inches
B. 13 inches
C. 20 inches
08. Which of the following would help you to determine how deep the snow is?
A. A pistol shot
B. A rifle shot
C. A shotgun shot
09. What does a snow groomer do?
A. Uses snow in hair styling
B. Moves snow off the roads
C. Manipulates snow for recreational use
10. Where would you find the snow belt?
B. United States
11. In 1999, which mountain took the record for the most snowfall ever measured in the United States in a single season?
A. Mount St Helens
B. Mount McKinley
C. Mount Baker
12. In what year were the first patents registered in the US for snow plows?
13. How tall was the world's largest snowman?
A. 113 feet 7 inches
B. 122 feet 1 inch
C. 131 feet 4 inches
14. How long did it take for the second largest snowman in the world, Angus, to melt?
A. Mid June
B. Mid May
C. Mid April
15. What color is a snow flower?
16. In the animated film of Raymond Briggs' book the Snowman, who sang "Walking in the Air"?
A. Aled Jones
B. Isabel Suckling
C. Peter Auty
17. In 1976/77 which American city had the all-time high for snowfall in a single season?
A. Portland, Maine
B. Buffalo, New York
C. Rochester, New York
18. In "Let It Snow" the 1945 song by Sammy Cahn and Jule Styne what were the singers eating?
A. Pop Corn
B. Potato Chips
19. In which year was the Walt Disney film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs released?
20. In the 2002 movie Ice Age, John Leguizamo was the voice of Sid. What kind of animal is Sid?
A. A snake
B. A salamander
C. A sloth
Snow Trivia Quiz Answers
01. C. A snow slab
02. B. Fresh snow falling on mountain tops
03. C. When it is about to melt
04. B. Venus
05. A. 38 cm
06. B. Hexagons
07. B. 13 inches
08. A. A pistol shot
09. C. Manipulates snow for recreational use
10. B. United States
11. C. Mount Baker
12. A. 1920
13. B. 122 feet 1 inch
14. A. Mid June
15. A. Red
16. C. Peter Auty
17. B. Buffalo, New York
18. A. Pop Corn
19. B. 1937
20. C. A sloth
Snow Trivia Sources
Snow Trivia created by Lesley from East Devon
Snow Party Supplies
Snow Party Winter Backdrop
Jul 25, 23 02:35 PM
Fun and challenging baby animal name game. What baby animal names do these 15 image clues rhyme with? Challenge yourself and your party guests. Free printable game and answers.
Jun 27, 23 02:30 PM
Challenge friends and family with this July 4th songs trivia quiz based on patriotic lyrics. From traditional to modern, there's a song for every generation.
Apr 26, 23 04:28 PM
Guess the Princess from an image of something they are associated with like a chameleon for Rapunzel or a pea for Princess Daria. Printable game with answers.