Don't you just love snow? I sure do. I can't wait to welcome the first dusting of that cool fluffy stuff every winter. It creates the prettiest landscapes and it's oh so fun to play in whether you're a winter sports enthusiast or you simply enjoy sledding, snowball fights and building snowmen.
So, how much do you know about snow? Take this quiz and find out. Or plan a snow party and use this trivia as an icebreaker over a warm cup of hot cocoa.
01. What sets up the possibility of an avalanche?
02. What sort of snow turns into a glacier?
03. When does snow make a noise?
04. On which other planet in the Solar System have scientists observed snow falling?
05. What size was the world's largest recorded snowflake?
06. What shape are snowflakes?
07. How much snow is equivalent to an inch of rainfall?
08. Which of the following would help you to determine how deep the snow is?
09. What does a snow groomer do?
10. Where would you find the snow belt?
11. In 1999, which mountain took the record for the most snowfall ever measured in the United States in a single season?
12. In what year were the first patents registered in the US for snow plows?
13. How tall was the world's largest snowman?
14. How long did it take for the second largest snowman in the world, Angus, to melt?
15. What color is a snow flower?
16. In the animated film of Raymond Briggs' book the Snowman, who sang "Walking in the Air"?
17. In 1976/77 which American city had the all-time high for snowfall in a single season?
18. In "Let It Snow" the 1945 song by Sammy Cahn and Jule Styne what were the singers eating?
19. In which year was the Walt Disney film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs released?
20. In the 2002 movie Ice Age, John Leguizamo was the voice of Sid. What kind of animal is Sid?
Snow Trivia created by Lesley from East Devon Guide
May 11, 18 03:38 PM
Mothers Day ideas for celebrating the love, time and sacrifices moms invest in their children.
May 11, 18 01:57 PM
Mothers Day games and activities, including trivia, scavenger hunts, cupcake rose bouquets, charades, mad libs, and more.
Mar 23, 18 02:41 PM
Use this Right Left Easter Game as a alternative way to exchange Easter treats and share the Bible Easter story. It's a great icebreaker for church parties and family Easter celebrations.