12 Days of Christmas Legend Game
Match EAch Gift to itS Symbolic Christian Meaning
The 12 Days of Christmas legend has been the subject of much debate. Did Christians really write it to use as a secret code to learn and share their tenets of faith, while avoiding persecution? It's hard to say!
There are many claims to its origins and perhaps there is a smidgen of truth in them all, but regardless, even if the legend isn't true; it's still a fun way to learn and remember important aspects of Christian faith. So, why not make a game out of it?
12 Days of Christmas Legend Game CHALLENGE
Can you match each of the twelve gifts of Christmas with their symbolic Christian meanings?
A. Days of Creation
B. The Gospels and/or Evangelists
C. The Beatitudes
D. The Faithful Apostles
E. Old and New Testaments
F. The Commandments
G. The Fruits of the Holy Spirit
H. The Doctrines in the Apostle's Creed
J. The Pentateuch
K. The Theological Virtues
L. Gifts of the Holy Spirit
_____ A Partridge in a Pear Tree
_____ Two Turtle Doves
_____ Three French Hens
_____ Four Calling Birds
_____ Five Golden Rings
_____ Six Geese A-Laying
_____ Seven Swans A-Swimming
_____ Eight Maids A-Milking
_____ Nine Ladies Dancing
_____ Ten Lords A-Leaping
_____ Eleven Pipers Piping
_____ Twelve Drummers Drumming
12 Days of Christmas Legend Game ANSWERS
- A Partridge in a Pear Tree / I. Jesus
- Two Turtle Doves / E. Old and New Testaments
- Three French Hens / K. The Theological Virtues (faith, hope, love - 1 Corinthians 13:13)
- Four Calling Birds / B. The Gospels and/or Evangelists (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John)
- Five Golden Rings / J. The Pentateuch (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy)
- Six Geese A-Laying / A. Days of Creation
- Seven Swans A-swimming / L. Gifts of the Holy Spirit (wisdom, understanding, counsel, strength, knowledge, piety, and fear of the Lord)
- Eight Maids A-Milking / C. The Beatitudes (Matthew 5:3-10)
- Nine Ladies Dancing / G. The Fruits of the Holy Spirit (love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control)
- Ten Lords A-Leaping / F. The Commandments (Exodus 20:1-17)
- Eleven Pipers Piping / D. The Faithful Apostles (Peter, Andrew, James -son of Zebedee, John, Philip, Bartholomew, Thomas, Matthew, James - son of Alphaeus, Thaddeus, Simon)
- Twelve Drummers Drumming / H. The Doctrines in the Apostle's Creed (view here)
FILL IN THE FORM BELOW TO Get a Printable Copy of the Game
Nov 06, 19 01:59 PM
To win this Christmas carol game you might need a thesaurus of word knowledge. Can you guess the popular Christmas songs from their fun new synonymous titles?
Oct 18, 19 06:02 PM
Play this ghost story mad lib game at Halloween parties, camp, home, and school. Create a funny scary story that will make you scream with laughter.
Oct 16, 19 02:57 PM
Plan to play Family Feud game Halloween edition at your next Halloween party using our survey Q&As. Check out the fun video to spark ideas for making your game spooktacular. Time to play!