Chocolate Cherry Cake
This chocolate cherry cake is so easy, no mixer, and the frosting makes this cake extra special..so no cheating with the can stuff!
- 1 Package Pillsbury Devils Food Cake Mix
- 21 oz. Can Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons Butter or Margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 6-oz. Package (1 Cup) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x13 pan (use Margarine to grease pan).
- In a large bowl, combine all cake ingredients.
- Mix by hand; stir until well mixed.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Take cake out of oven and let cool on rack for 5 minutes and begin to make frosting.
- In small saucepan, combine Sugar, Butter and Milk.
- Over medium heat, bring to a Boil, stirring
constantly, about 1 minute or little longer.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in Chocolate Chips until smooth.
- Pour over partially cooled cake.
- Smooth frosting evenly if needed. Let cool completely.
- When cooled completely, cover with plastic wrap.
Grease and flour the pan bottom and sides well and shake off excess flour. Can dust with cocoa or a little cake mix instead of flour.
I use a 9x13 glass pan. It takes 25 minutes
in my oven. After you pour the frosting on the
cake, smooth evenly right away.