Clue Murder Mystery Dinner Party
by Chris Tranovich
(Austintown, Ohio USA)
Clue Murder Mystery
I am currently in the process of hosting a "murder mystery" with the game of Clue as the basis. Several reasons.... everyone knows how to play the game, there is no need for plot/motive.... and the role playing aspect doesn't have to be as strong.
- Pick your 6 characters (we are gonna have a lot more playing but 1 of the 6 did the crime)
- Costume ideas are just gonna be a colored hat and 1 prop item...(ex. pipe for plum)
- Guests can choose to share some info or not (they cannot lie)
- We also decided to add the time factor into play (we are gonna go with 5:00 6:00 or 7:00)
- Choose rooms for each room in the game or rename the areas (it's gonna be an outside bonfire party, so the locations are gonna be barn, garage, pond, etc. etc.)
- With each of the characters, they have an envelope with info that they know.... ('I was in the study at 6:00, I saw Col Mustard there and I saw the rope too')... info like that...
- As the night progresses there will be several other envelopes which give more of the clues.... (we are doing that part as a role playing - 'meet Mr Green by the porch and say this "I saw you at location with weapon at time.. that way the players non characters can overhear and get more info)
Make sure to be redundant on the 'clues' so players all can get a shot at figuring it out... this way it works as a side game while still allowing everyone to have fun at the party.
The way I came up with the 'info release' and the guilty is I played a game of clue on the computer and recorded it. Then I translated the info over to a script.
There are a few bugs I still have to work out, but that's the basic idea. Clue Murder Mystery Movie
Clue Murder Mystery Game
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Clue Party Ideas.
Sep 03, 19 05:55 PM
10 printable princess tea party bingo cards with draw cards. Print in color or black and white. Use candy or pencils to mark squares as they are called.
Jun 30, 19 09:15 AM
Canada Day ideas to add fun and colour to your celebration.
Jun 25, 19 01:34 PM
Challenge friends and family with this July 4th songs trivia quiz based on patriotic lyrics. From traditional to modern, there's a song for every generation.