Santa's Butterscotch Melts
by Morgan Towle
Santa's Butterscotch Melts Recipe
Be sure to leave a plate of Santa's butterscotch melts for the big guy. He'll savor them to the very last bite.
Santa Butterscotch Melts Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup custard powder
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 packet chocolate bits
- As needed melted butter or oil for greasing pans
Santa Butterscotch Melts Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush the biscuit trays (32x28cm) with melted butter or oil.
- With electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in the mixing bowl until it is light and creamy.
- Put in sifted flour and custard powder, stir with wooden spoon, then add water. Stir until it is all mixed well together.
- Take one teaspoon of mixture and gently roll into a ball - place on biscuit tray - repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Flatten each ball slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown. Let them cool on trays.
- To decorate the biscuits, melt a pocket of chocolate bits in a bowl in the microwave and dip half of each biscuit into the chocolate.
- Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes so chocolate will set.
Click here to post comments
Return to Family Christmas Traditions and Fun Contest.
Jun 30, 19 09:15 AM
Canada Day ideas to add fun and colour to your celebration.
Jun 25, 19 01:34 PM
Challenge friends and family with this July 4th songs trivia quiz based on patriotic lyrics. From traditional to modern, there's a song for every generation.
Mar 06, 19 02:06 PM
Host your best St Patricks Day party ever with these cool party games and activities.Challenge friends to a round of green trivia, write funny limericks, or play a right left leprechaun game.