for Experts on Love and History
Valentine trivia questions to test your knowledge of love and history...
"Love makes the world go round," and Valentine's Day sends most us around the world looking for the perfect gift or card for that special someone we call sweetheart.
Where did Valentine's Day originate anyway, and what's so special about February 14th? Do you know?
Find out by answering these Valentine trivia questions.
There's a free printable version of this trivia available for anyone who takes a moment to share about the most romantic gift they have ever received (see below).
And for those who cannot get enough of Valentine trivia there are extra printable Valentine related trivia games available through Party Fun Printables and Print Games Now (see below).
Valentine Trivia Questions
01. What famous actress was born on February 14?
a. Florence Henderson
b. Audrey Hepburn
c. Patricia Richardson
d. Farrah Fawcett-Majors
02. What famous actor was born on February 14?
a. Gary Coleman
b. Ashton Kutcher
c. Gregory Hines
d. Billy Crystal
03. What historical event transpired on Valentine's Day in 1950?
a. Britain abolished the death penalty
b. U.S.S.R. and China signed a peace treaty
c. Russia broke diplomatic relations with Israel
d. Stalin met with Beria, Bulganin, Khrushchev and Malenkov
04. Who wrote the lyrics to "My Funny Valentine"?
a. Richard Rogers
b. Barabara Striesand
c. Lorenz Hart
d. Miles Davis
05. What type of movie is the 2001 film "Valentine"?
06. In what year did Hallmark makes its first Valentine card?
07. Where was the first Valentine's Day card sent from?
a. the battlefield
b. a monestary
c. a prison
d. a hospital
08. What conversation heart saying was added in 2005?
a. Be Mine
b. Love Me Tender
c. Bear Hug
d. Heart of Gold
09. Approximately what percentage of Valentine’s Day cards are purchased by women?
10. Who was Cupid's father?
11. Who was Cupid's mother?
12. According to mythology, what was once celebrated on Valentine's Day?
13. Approximately how many calories can be burned by passionately kissing for one minute?
a. 0 calories
b. 2 calories
c. 12 calories
d. 22 calories
14. According to statistics, in what profession do people receive the most Valentine's Day cards?
15. Since the 1950s, how has Valentine's Day been customarily celebrated in Japan?
a. Couples exchange white doves
b. Men give women white chocolate
c. Women give men chocolate
d. Romantic meals are served on white table settings
16. What Italian city receives thousands of cards addressed to Juliet every Valentine's Day?
17. According to Roman mythology, what liquid that spilled by Cupid caused roses to grow?
b. rose oil
c. patchouli oil
d. red wine
18. What were Esther Howland's valentines known for?
19. In what country's museum can you find the oldest known Valentine still in existence?
20. In Shakespearean times what bodily organ was associated with love?
Valentine Trivia Answers
Printable Valentine Trivia and Games
Valentine Trivia Answers
01. a. Florence Henderson / 02. c. Gregory Hines / 03. b. U.S.S.R. and China signed a peace treaty / 04. c. Lorenz Hart / 05. b. horror /06. d. 1913 / 07. c. from prison / 08. c. Bear Hug / 09. d. 85 / 10. b. Ares / 11. d. Venus / 12. a. Fertility / 13. c. 12 calories (source says 8-16 so we took the midway number of 12) / 14. c. Teachers / 15. c. Women give men chocolate / 16. b. Verona / 17. a. nectar / 18. d. beauty / 19. b. England / 20. a. liver
Valentine Pencil Puzzle Ebook
For a FREE Mini Valentine Pencil Puzzle Ebook, , tell us about the most romantic gift you ever gave or received by filling in the form.
Ebook includes a printable version of the above Valentine Trivia, along with four other printable valentine games.
- Valentine Word Scramble
- Valentine Maze
- Matching Sweeties Game
- Valentine Word Search
Feb 05, 21 02:31 PM
Host a Super Bowl party with great food, games and friends. Add our Super Bowl trivia questions and icebreakers, and get everyone's game predictions pre-party.
Feb 24, 20 03:36 PM
This Tale of Peter Rabbit right left game is fun gift or prize giving. Read the story. Pass the prizes left or right. Great for school, parties, or Easter.
Feb 24, 20 02:07 PM
Use this Right Left Easter Game as a alternative way to exchange Easter treats and share the Bible Easter story. It's a great icebreaker for church parties and family Easter celebrations.